COVID-19 UPDATE. WE ARE OPEN!!
To our valued customers,
As most of you know, we decided to temporarily lock the Deli doors on March 25th to do our part to slow the spread of the Coronavirus. We did not make this decision lightly and we felt that it was the right thing to do at the time, we have been very busy and our team has been working extremely hard to keep the shelves stocked for you. The mental and physical health of our team is very important to us and with staff shortages and products flying off the shelves, everyone needed some time to reset and slow down to protect our own health as well.
We have taken this week to reassess the situation and see what this “new normal” feels like. This is what we have been up to:
- We have done a very thorough deep clean of our Deli and Café, every corner, door handle and surface has been cleaned and sanitized, and this will continue daily
- We have produced and restocked our coolers and freezers with all the items that our customers need most right now
- We have assessed the health of our team to do our part to flatten the curve;, rest assured that we are all healthy and nobody has been travelling
- We have implemented traffic control measures in the Deli so that we have a one-way flow of traffic. The entrance is now through the Café and the exit is through the Deli
- We have removed the tables and re-arranged food placement so that we have a wide open store to assist with social distancing
- We will be limiting the amount of people in the store to 5 customers max at any time
With these new measures in place and being confident that our team is healthy and strong, we believe that re-opening the Deli and Café in this capacity is the right step forward and we have decided to reopen on Tuesday March 31st.
We have said it before and we will say it again, we are here for you Alberta. We want nothing more than to see all of your smiling faces in our store, albeit only 5 people at a time. J We want to make sure you are fed with high quality, nutritious local food because that is what we are good at, and in turbulent times like these, we all need a good healthy meal on the table.
We look forward to serving you,
Chantal & Jeff von Rotz & The Valbella Team
Posted on March 30, 2020