Gourmet Mac & Cheese with Chorizo Sausage and Sweet Pepper Ragout
Prepare your favorite Mac & Cheese Recipe, finish it with White Cheddar, Goat- Blue Cheese or Brie and top it with a sweet, spicy and lightly tangy Chorizo ragout!!
- 1/2 cup malt vinegar
- 6-8 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 cups red pepper, small diced
- 1/2 cup shallot or red onion, small diced
- 2 pc Valbella chorizo Sausage *
- 3/4 cup tomato, deseeded, small diced
- 1/2 pc lemon
- 1 tsp chopped Italian parsley
* Available at Valbella Gourmet Foods
Take sausage meat out of the casing and sauté it in a frying pan. Constantly stir so that the meat stays apart and stays in small chunks.
In a separate sauce pan, combine sugar and vinegar, bring to boil and cook for 1 minute. Reduce heat. Add all other ingredients and cook for 8-10 minutes or until peppers are al dente.
Add the sausage meat and simmer for another minute. Adjust seasoning; ragout may need more sugar to balance the flavor. Add lemon juice and parsley, and then add herbs.
Top your Mac & Cheese with the ragout and fill your Valbelly!!!