Maple Coppalino Bacon & Cheese Breakfast Strata
Perfect breakfast or brunch dish which can be prepped the night before!
- 4 English Muffins, split, toasted, and cubed (or any left over bread)
- 12 slices Valbella Maple Coppalino Bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces *
- 1 teaspoon Butter
- 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere cheese *
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 8 large Eggs
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 cup Cream 36%
- 1/2 pint Cherry Tomatoes cut in half
- 1 teaspoon Mustard
- 2 tablespoons Green Onions
- 1 teaspoon chopped Italian Parsley
* Available at Valbella Gourmet Foods
Combine muffin cubes, Coppalino bacon, tomatoes and green onions in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish coated with butter; sprinkle with cheese.
Beat eggs, add milk, cream, parsley and seasoning until blended. Pour over muffin mixture. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Remove dish from fridge 45 minutes prior to baking and then put in to a preheated oven at 350°. Bake for 40-45 to minutes until brown. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.