Swiss Chard Gratin
Charcuterie doesn't always have to be eaten cold! In the Swiss Chard Gratin you combine a tasty vegetable with our Bündnderfleisch & Venison Salami.
- 400 g Swiss chard
- 2 cups veggie broth
- 300 g flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 100 g Charcuterie Salami (or Venison Salami) *
- 100 g Bündnerfleisch *
- 100 g Gruyère cheese *
- 1 bunch chives
- some peppermint leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- some pepper
- 200 g sourcream
* Available at Valbella Gourmet Foods
1. Cut the Swiss chard in pieces. Simmer in the broth for approx. 3 minutes. Take Swiss chard out, put the broth aside. Put one half of the Swiss chard in a buttered baking dish (vol. 2 litres).
2. Mix flour, milk, eggs and nutmeg. Cut Charcuterie Salami (or Venison Salami) and Bündnerfleisch in little cubes. Grate half of the cheese, and cut the chives and the peppermint leaves. Add all that to the dough mixture. Spice it with salt and pepper, and fill it into the baking dish.
3. Distribute the rest of the Swiss chard on that. Take 2 cups of the broth and mix it with the sour cream, pour that into dish. Grate the rest of the cheese and sprinkle it on the dish.
4. Bake for approx. 25 minutes on the middle rack of the oven at 430F.